Travel Support For Eligible Students
CGO 2018 is now offering travel support for students attending US or non-US universities. Each application and the grant amount will be decided on a case- by-case basis (i.e. funding is NOT guaranteed).
The deadline for submitting travel funding applications is January 26, 2018.
To apply for reimbursement, there are three options:
NSF Grant (for students enrolled in U.S. universities only)
Information for how to apply for an NSF grant can be found here.
Information for how to apply for a SIGPLAN grant can be found here.
In addition to the NSF and SIGPLAN funding, CGO 2018 is also offering travel support to encourage student participation at the conference through the generous support of SIGMICRO. This support is specifically provided for increasing the participation of students who would otherwise not be able to attend CGO and are members of an underrepresented group (including women) and/or students from small institutions and universities that do not have a strong tradition of attending CGO.
The travel grant application must include:
- The name of the student, the student’s institution and advisor
- Membership in an underrepresented group (including women) if applicable
- A resume (including an ACM student membership number if available)
- A cover letter stating the reason for attending CGO and a description of research interests.
- A statement from the student’s advisor confirming the student’s eligibility and recommending the student to attend CGO
- Information about other sources of funding
- An estimate of conference-related expenses
Please send your application by email to Simone Campanoni (email@example.com). Use the subject line “CGO 2018 SIGMICRO Student Travel Grant Application.”.