International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization
February 24 - 28th, Vienna, Austria
The International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization (CGO) provides a premier venue to bring together researchers and practitioners working at the interface of hardware and software on a wide range of optimization and code generation techniques and related issues. The conference spans the spectrum from purely static to fully dynamic approaches, and from pure software-based methods to specific architectural features and support for code generation and optimization.
|Oct 18-20, 2017: Author Rebuttal Period|
|Oct 31, 2017: Paper Notification|
|Nov 17, 2017: SRC Submission|
|Nov 22, 2017: SRC Notification|
Workshops & Tutorials
The following workshops and tutorials will be co-located with CGO:
- RWDSL: 3rd International Workshop on Real World Domain Specific Languages 2018.
- DCAHPO: 2nd International Workshop on Dynamic Compilation for Architectural Heterogeneity and Program Optimization.
- Second LLVM Performance Workshop at CGO.
- Tutorial: Improving security with reversibility and session types.
Call for Papers
Original contributions are solicited on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Code Generation, Translation, Transformation, and Optimization for performance, energy, virtualization, portability, security, or reliability concerns, and architectural support
- Efficient execution of dynamically typed and higher-level languages
- Optimization and code generation for emerging programming models, platforms, domain-specific languages
- Dynamic/static, profile-guided, feedback-directed, and machine learning based optimization
- Static, Dynamic, and Hybrid Analysis for performance, energy, memory locality, throughput or latency, security, reliability, or functional debugging
- Program characterization methods
- Efficient profiling and instrumentation techniques; architectural support
- Novel and efficient tools
- Compiler design, practice and experience
- Compiler abstraction and intermediate representations
- Vertical integration of language features, representations, optimizations, and runtime support for parallelism
- Solutions that involve cross-layer (HW/OS/VM/SW) design and integration
- Deployed dynamic/static compiler and runtime systems for general purpose, embedded system and Cloud/HPC platforms
- Parallelism, heterogeneity, and reconfigurable architectures
- Optimizations for heterogeneous or specialized targets, GPUs, SoCs, CGRA
- Compiler support for vectorization, thread extraction, task scheduling, speculation, transaction, memory management, data distribution and synchronization