CGO 2010 Student Travel Support
A limited number of travel grants are available to students and junior faculty attending the conference.
The priority of the grants is as follows:
1. Students without support from their faculty members who are
- Presenting a paper at the conference
- Presenting a paper at a workshop
- Presenting a poster
- Co-author of a paper
2. Junior faculty who are presenting a paper at the conference and have extenuating circumstances (e.g., you are a primary caregiver and must bring your child) or lack sufficient funding (corroborated by your department head).
Availability and demand will determine the amount of the grant. In previous years, grants were no less than $200, with an upper limit of $1000.00 The grant is used to help fund travel, hotel costs, and registration. Applications will be accepted up to April 2, 2010, and will be given on a first come basis within the above priorities. Actual payment will occur after the close of the conference.
The organizers would like to encourage students, in particular
international students, to apply for grants. Note that priority will
be given to presenters and to students staying at the conference
If you are interested in sharing a room, please contact email@example.com to be paired with others interested in sharing.
To apply for a grant please send an email to Tipp Moseley firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "CGO2010 Travel Grant". The following information is needed in the message body:
- Your name.
- Your affiliation.
- Whether you are a student. or a junior faculty member.
- Whether you are presenting a paper, poster or coauthor of a paper (Please give the name of the paper/poster as well).
- Your estimated costs for plane, hotel, registration, and local transportation. To receive reimbursement, you will need to supply all receipts.
- An endorsement from your employer or institution (e.g., supervisor or department chair) that confirms your budget.
- Whether you would like your affiliation and contact information to be shared with our corporate sponsors, for recruiting purposes. Sponsors are listed at the bottom of the main main page.
- Optional (but it may get you more funding; See SIGPLAN-PAC for more details):
- Your resume.
- Your ACM number.
- If you are a member of SIGPLAN, a statement asserting so.
- An endorsement from your employer or institution (e.g., supervisor or department chair) that states why SIGPLAN PAC should support you.