Visas are needed for most non-Chinese nationals to enter China (exceptions are passport holders from Singapore, Brunei, and Japan). Application should be made to the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your country of residence. There are two types of visas, Tourist Visa (L Visa) and Business Visa (F Visa). We expect that most attendees can use a Tourist Visa.

For a Tourist Visa, you should check with the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your country of residency to determine the local rules that apply for your tourist visa application. You may need to show evidence of bookings for your return flights and hotel. For most countries, a Tourist Visa does not require an official invitation letter.

An official invitation letter is required to apply for a Business Visa.

In China, invitation letters are issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We need about 15 working days (not including delivery time) to apply it after we receive your request. Therefore, we strongly recommend you to apply for the Tourist Visa. If an invitation letter is still required, please let us know.

To request an invitation letter, you need first register for the conference and then forward the registration confirmation email, along with the information specified here, to

Citizens from many countries can enter Hongkong without a visa. For those who do plan to go through Hongkong, please note that you still need a Chinese Visa to enter Shenzhen. If you will travel between Hongkong and Shenzhen multiple times, you need to apply for a multi-entry visa.


More information:

Professional Visa Services

In the US China Visa Service CenterVisaRite and Atlas Services will take care of the application process. For British citizens Thames Consular provides a similar service. The conference organizers do not endorse any particular visa service.


Comments are closed.