CGO 2015 is now offering travel support for students attending US or non-US universities. Each application and the grant amount will be decided on a case-by-case basis (i.e., funding is NOT guaranteed). To apply for reimbursement, there are two options:
NSF and SIGMICRO Grant:
To apply for reimbursement, a student needs to provide:
- A resume
- A cover letter stating the student’s reason for attending the CGO or PPoPP symposium and a description of his or her research interests.
- Confirmation of the student’s resources and amounts of funding to travel to the symposium. (In the past, this included estimated travel expenses.)
- A letter from the student’s advisor that
- Recommends that the student attend the CGO or PPoPP symposium.
- Confirms the student’s eligibility to attend the symposium.
- Endorses the student’s potential for research.
This documentation should be collected by the student and forwarded electronically to CGO’s Student Committee including Dr. Ronald Mak (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Jennifer Sartor (email@example.com)
Reimbursable expenses include airfare, ground transportation, lodging, symposium registration fees, and meals and incidentals subject to a maximum per diem amount. (See http://www.gsa.gov/portal/
Students who will get reimbursements must fill out a travel expense form (to be sent out) and provide original receipts.
We encourage students who are female, minority, or from other underrepresented groups to apply for this funding.
You can find more information about how to apply for this grant via this link: http://pac.sigplan.org/